KWWL-TV, the VHF Channel 7 NBC affiliate serving Eastern Iowa, is seeking a broadcast engineer with IT skills.
The engineering department is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and installation of all technology equipment in the television station, including video production equipment, automation, computers, servers, etc. This position reports to the Chief and Assistant Chief Engineers and will work closely with the IT Administrator to ensure smooth technology rollouts. This is an entry level position, and we are willing to train candidates that show promise but have limited/no broadcast experience.
- Technical trade school or bachelor’s degree with a focus on digital media or technology preferred.
- Other valuable skills and experience that may be considered based on circumstances: Commercial HVAC, electrical, plumbing, theatrical crew.
- Must have a keen interest in current and emerging technology, especially in the video/broadcast space.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills, especially in stressful situations
- Must be able to create technical documentation.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Two years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a video production environment preferred.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems a plus.
- Experience with transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related RF equipment a plus
- Experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing, and maintaining digital video equipment and information technology systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple ongoing tasks.
- Operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Assists with facility and infrastructure maintenance.
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, workstations, and printers.
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
KWWL is proud to be an Allen Media Broadcasting Station.
If you’d like to be part of our award-winning team, send your resume to:
Byron Johnson, Chief Engineer
KWWL Television, Inc.
511 East 5th Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
KWWL TV, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now