Multi-Platform Content Producer (Part-time)/Environment & Climate Change Pillar
WSIL-TV is seeking a part-time Multi-Platform Content Producer for our Environment & Climate Change pillar of the Building a Better Community initiative. The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student in the Environmental Sciences program at a local
At WSIL-TV, we believe in building a robust and informed community. Our Building a Better Community initiative focuses on multiple aspects of community well-being, with the Environment & Climate Change pillar being one of our utmost priorities.
- Content Creation: Develop engaging and factually accurate content related to environment and climate change, tailored for various platforms (TV, web, social media, etc.).
- Research: Stay updated with the latest environmental studies, news, and policies, especially those impacting Southern Illinois and the surrounding regions.
- Collaboration: Work closely with our news team, digital content managers, and other related departments to produce and distribute content effectively.
- Community Engagement: Attend community events, interviews, and discussions related to environmental matters to create authentic and localized content.
- Feedback Management: Interact with the community and viewers to gather feedback, address concerns, and continuously improve content relevance and quality.
- Current undergraduate student majoring Environmental Sciences or similar program at a local university.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce content for various platforms, including but not limited to TV, web, and social media.
- A deep understanding of environmental issues, especially those pertinent to the Southern Illinois region.
- Self-driven, organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of content production tools and software would be an advantage.
Why Join Us?
- Impactful Work: Play a key role in educating the community on pressing environmental issues and be a catalyst for positive change.
- Learning Opportunity: Work in a professional media environment, receiving mentorship from industry veterans.
- Networking: Engage with community leaders, environmental experts, and other stakeholders.