WJRT/ABC12 currently has an opening for a Sales Associate in our Sales Department.
For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
If you are looking for a place to begin your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
WJRT/ABC12 currently has an opening for a Sales Associate in our Sales Department. A Sales Associate is responsible for handling all aspects of local accounts, developing new business, utilizing marketing skills and preparing/delivering client presentations.
Manages and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue. Works closely with Sales team, Sales Assistant, Digital Manager, and Traffic team. Learn all aspects of broadcasting sales and traffic.
Ability to prospect, cold call and schedule face-to-face meetings with a creative compelling sales presentations.
Seeking an individual that is self-motivated and ambitious to join our team. Seeking a highly effective communicator with the ability to cultivate relationships.
Possess an energetic, aggressive, persuasive, personable, and highly motivated personality. Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win!
- Build, present, sell, and execute cross-platform advertising campaigns.
- Create client re-caps, demonstrating delivery and effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Maintain and sell existing TV and digital accounts.
- Prospect and sell new business, using television and digital products.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and within a sales team on station projects.
- Must be able to close new business.
- Ability to make face to face outside sales visits.
- Ability to generate sales leads.
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects, learn their business, and propose solutions.
- Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management.
- Retain current business and develop new business contacts.
- Present marketing/advertising ideas to area businesses.
- Sell commercial advertising time and other station products to local advertisers.
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred
- Customer-service oriented, self-motivated, and possess strong local contacts
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficient with mobile digital technology
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills and Organizational skills
- An intense desire to succeed in a commission-based sales environment
- A pre-employment and random drug screening is required
- Must have a good driving record
- Professional appearance a must
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to overcome objections
- Meet and exceed monthly broadcast and digital goals
- Account Executive position will work out of Flint, Michigan.
- This is a full time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing, successful completion of pre-employment background check and MVR check are conditions of employment. You must possess a valid driver’s license had have a good driving record.
- If offered a position, you must produce legally required documentation demonstrating your eligibility to work in the United States before you can begin employment.
Please apply by clicking Apply Now. Include your resume and cover letter when applying.
WJRT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WJRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WJRT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WJRT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.Apply Now