Multimedia Journalist, Redding
If you have a passion for local news and telling people’s stories then send us your reel and resume
Action News Now, the CBS/NBC duopoly in beautiful Chico/Redding, CA is looking for a passionate, experienced and driven journalist to join our three person Redding Bureau and help take our team to the next level. If you are passionate about news, telling real people stories, and holding the powerful accountable; we would love to talk to you. If you love the great outdoors; biking, hiking, skiing, boating and more, then you’ll want to talk to us. This position is responsible for generating original story ideas each day, understanding how to use social media in their story telling and gathering and posting to the station website each day.
What You'll Do
- Generate original stories and deliver them in an exciting and impactful way
- Go live multiple times each day, sometimes on separate stories
- Be ready to rock and roll on breaking news whenever it happens.
- Prepare, write, produce, report, edit, deliver and post news stories and content over multiple platforms
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Perform various community service activities for station as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Need
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in journalism or the live experience equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and skill using ENPS.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Knowledge of Edius editing systems, or similar editing equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Able to lift and carry at least 55 pounds
Salary- $36,000-$40,000/ annually
KHSL and KNVN TV stations participate in the Federal e-Verify Program.
KHSL and KNVN TV stations provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.