WSIL, the ABC affiliate serving the tri-state area based in beautiful Southern Illinois is seeking a highly motivated IT Administrator for its award-winning, state of the art broadcast facility.
WSIL, the ABC affiliate serving the tri-state area based in beautiful Southern Illinois is seeking a highly motivated IT Administrator for its award-winning, state of the art broadcast facility. AS a key member of the technology team, the IT Administrator will provide and perform all information technology support for the station including IT policies and procedures, equipment maintenance for WAN/LAN/VPN, wireless access points, domain controllers, VOIP phone systems and PC workstations.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Active Directory management
• Desktop support for local and remote users
• Design, implement and maintain computer/network security policies
• Work with corporate engineering and 3rd party vendors to configure, install, and maintain switches, routers, servers, NAS and other hardware and software
• Provide capital budgetary support and advice for selection and replacement of equipment
Skills preferences and requirements:
• Degree in IT related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
• Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and other industry certifications are a plus
• Experience with Active Directory administration, remote desktop applications, VPN, and Office 365 required
• Experience in broadcast television or a related field preferred
• Experience with Avid, iNews, Imagine automation, Ross Overdrive and Vantage transcoding system a plus
Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. Occasional climbing, kneeling, and crawling may be required for cable installations. Position requires a driver`s license.
Occasional travel to station towers in Cape Girardeau and Poplar Bluff Missouri and other company properties is required. Typical hours are Monday-Friday however, all engineering staff are on call 24/7.Apply Now