Director / Master Control Operator
13 WREX is searching for a director / master control operator to join our production department.
This position is accountable for all 13 WREX-TV master control related activities including, but not limited to, switching commercials, station breaks, recording and prepping daily syndicated feeds, inputting material into the video servers and logging transmitter / tower light / EAS information on respective forms. Candidate will need skills in audio board operation for Newscasts.
Qualifications include, but not limited to:
- High school graduate
- Must possess the ability to move quickly and make fast, accurate judgments.
- Previous experience with production / master control switchers or college production courses desired.
Requirements include, but not limited to:
- Must possess the necessary skills and abilities to properly perform the duties of the position or learn and acquire these skills and abilities within a probationary period.
- Ability to interface with computer systems running a variety of operating systems and programs.
- Ability to identify problems and contact appropriate maintenance staff when needed.
- Must be willing to follow instructions to perform first level checks of corrective maintenance and to assist maintenance staff in the repair of equipment.
- Must have/maintain a valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Speech and hearing abilities that allow the incumbent to communicate logically and persuasively (verbally and in writing) and ability to see, hear and respond to monitoring equipment and print legibly.
- Vision enough to read/respond to written safety messages, warning signs and read instruction manuals. Must have manual dexterity and the physical ability to move quickly and respond to various situations in master control.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing approximately 50 lbs.
- Some hazards are involved in operation of electrical equipment and climbing ladders.