Are you a highly motivated individual seeking a rapidly growing company where you can be a part of dynamic, collaborative, and challenging technological environment? If so, Allen Media Broadcasting is seeking an experienced IT Manager to join our team.
Are you a highly motivated individual seeking a rapidly growing company where you can be a part of dynamic, collaborative, and challenging technological environment? If so, Allen Media Broadcasting is seeking an experienced IT Manager to join our corporate team in helping lead our nationwide portfolio of big network affiliate NBC, ABC, CBS & Fox television stations.
You will be key in supporting IT technologies for our properties, employees, clients and viewers at a high level of reliability and security. In conjunction with the passionate broadcast technology professionals across our group, you’ll help provide scalable strategic planning and oversight of the entire company’s IT infrastructure across more than 22 properties in the US. Reporting to our CTO, with responsibility for a growing portfolio of television stations, this is an incredible opportunity to advance your career!
Allen Media Broadcasting’s mission is to build a large television group by acquiring top rated stations, big four affiliates with strong local news operations that are deeply ingrained in the fabric of their communities. We welcome the opportunity to tell you why AMB is one of the best US broadcast companies to be part of!
- Developing technical roadmaps, delivering and operating stable, scalable IT solutions in: Networking (broadcast video/audio, voice, data), System Administration, Engineering Operations, Production Operations, etc.
- Developing and maintaining critical vendor partnerships
- Solving technical challenges with innovative solutions
- Global business unit email administration and oversight
- Active Directory system oversight across the group
- Oversee and monitor endpoint protection strategy and compliance
- Coordination with cyber security office to facilitate IT security audits, risk assessment, incident response and investigation
- Facilitate ongoing cybersecurity training to end users in accordance with cyber security office initiatives
- Install, manage, and maintain physical and virtual servers serving various computing roles
- Work closely with individual stations to implement new IT technologies and related infrastructure
- Ability to install, configure and maintain: switches, routers, servers, NAS and other hardware/software
- Oversight in conjunction with local stations regarding broadcast IT technologies.
- Provide capital/operational budgetary support and advisement for selection and replacement of equipment
- Ability to travel as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, qualifications and requirements:
- Strong Leader who can work collaboratively and independently
- Experience managing multi-site IT infrastructures preferred
- Experience leading geographically diverse IT teams within dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Full and complete knowledge of IP Addressing, NATs, Packet Filtering, and all related IP methodologies
- Exposure to & understanding of the Cloud environment, Google Cloud would be preferred.
- Experienced with network wiring and cabling
- Basic knowledge of fiber technologies
- Understanding of SMPTE 2110 and NDI a plus
- Able to effectively communicate high level technical details to non-technical people
- Self-starter with solid prioritization skills
- Strong multitasker with experience handling multiple dynamic tasks at once
- Available for on call emergencies as necessary
- Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Must have valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in an IT leadership/management role preferred
- Degree in IT related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and other industry certifications a plus
- Experience in broadcast television or a related field a plus, but not required
- Must be willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA