The Traffic Specialist supports the traffic operations for KITV4, ensuring that all commercial and programming inventory is managed in accordance with all corporate policies and procedures, FCC guidelines, and network requirements. The Traffic Specialist
The Traffic Specialist supports the traffic operations for KITV4, ensuring that all commercial and programming inventory is managed in accordance with all corporate policies and procedures, FCC guidelines, and network requirements. The Traffic Specialist supports the Traffic Manager oversee logs, and work with sales and other departments to maximize revenue for the station.
Maintain commercial inventory traffic system.
- Work inventory to maximize all avails.
- Ensure that inventory control runs correctly.
- Ensure that daily program logs are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain an accurate 13-week commercial avail projection.
- Coordinate with sales by monitoring avails and informing sales management of current, future, or changed inventory and/or programming.
- Inform and coordinate with General Manager and department head regarding programming changes.
- Respond to Master Control to resolve any issues with logs.
- Ensure accuracy of coding / rates for commercial orders.
- Manage Wide Orbit formatting / program grid formatting.
- Assist in creating & assigning materials to orders and applying rotations of commercials on air.
- Implement fulfillment of affiliate, swap and syndicated contracts.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years in radio/traffic experience or similar professional experience.
- Experience with Wide Orbit strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a team environment, maintaining a positive rapport with staff, management and clients.
- Proven record of dependability and willingness to work some evenings or weekends as workload requires.
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to manage unscheduled changes.
- A high level of proficiency with computers, software and new technologies.
- Able to manage stress effectively.
- Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
KITV4 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply Now