KITV Island News is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and skilled Anchor who cares deeply about the community. KITV4 Island News anchors are solid and effective communicators who value the time and attention to finding and telling truths. This is a pos
KITV Island News is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and skilled Anchor who cares deeply about the community. KITV4 Island News anchors are solid and effective communicators who value the time and attention to finding and telling truths. In addition to being on the anchor desk, the ideal candidate must also be a strong reporter willing to dig deep for answers and understand the value and importance of communicating with viewers on all platforms. This is a position for a journalist, not just a news reader.
Strong writers make strong anchors, and the ideal candidate will take pride in a nicely worded script, whether it's a package, VO, or tease. The anchor must work well with producers in creating a memorable newscast, including writing, reviewing, and editing scripts.
- Anchoring newscasts; may include platforms beyond broadcast.
- Nights, mornings, weekends, and odd hours are to be expected; breaking news and big event coverage demands all hands on deck.
- Always reporting to gather essential facts.
- Attend daily editorial meetings; always ready to pitch story ideas and guide daily coverage
- Daily contributions to KITV.COM and KITV social media platforms.
- Represent the station at community events and on other related projects.
- Help create a vibrant work environment with a positive and encouraging attitude.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- 2-4 years previous experience as a News Anchor at a television/broadcast station.
- 4+ years previous experience as a News Reporter
- College Degree – preferably in journalism, mass communications, or film/TV.
- Knowledge of the Hawaii television market and local culture is a plus.
- Excellent interviewing skills with guests live on set and in the field.
- Excellent writer who understands and follows AP Style
- Computer literacy is imperative
- Experience and/or desire to work on longer form reporting – series, specials, etc.
- Knows how to be a team player and team builder.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law)
Interested candidates must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address listed below. Please, no phone calls.
KITV News Director
801 S. King Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
EOE M/F/D/VApply Now